Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Kelly Hogan's Father

This was posted to several mailing lists. Kelly Hogan is a Chicago based singer.

From KELLY HOGAN--posted elsewhere:

Hello friends and family --

First off, I apologize for this mass e-mail.

As many of y'all know, after being called up out of National Guard reserves two years ago, my dad (career policeman, age 59, flew helicopters in Viet Nam) is about to be shipped to Iraq in the next few weeks to lead convoys in the desert for Apache warbird "Flying Tigers" Aviation Regiment 8-229th.

It's very hard for me to talk about this issue, and I'm still figuring out how to deal with all the levels of bullshit involved. I also have other friends in Iraq already and I'm sure many of y'all do too.

I feel funny sharing this personal information, and my goal is certainly *not* sympathetic feedback of *any* kind -- but rather to pass along a screwed-up fact to add to the pile -- to increase awareness of the current situation.

I just finished reading an interview with Stan Goff (24-year military vet, Bring Them Home Now campaign, Military Families Speak Out, Veterans for Peace) in the new issue of The Sun magazine -- and I wanted to pass along two links for y'all:

http://www.thesunmagazine.org/347_Goff.pdf

http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/

I know there are many sides of the issue. These are just two more that I felt compelled to share.

Thanks for your time.

Hogan

No comments: