Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Charity in 2006

Looking back on 2006 – before posting the lists of best tv shows, best cd’s, etc., I wanted to make a list of charities that deserved my money this year.

Taking care of animals and the environment:

Defenders of Wildlife

Elephant Sanctuary

Fund For Animals

Greenpeace

Humane Society of the United States

Illinois Prairie Path

Jane Goodall Institute

Tiger Haven

Wildlife Land Trust


Taking care of cats and dogs:

Two of our cats came from The Animal Care League.

My brother’s cats came from The Anti-Cruelty Society.

Merry Christmas to Sister Marijon at Cats-Are-Purrsons-Too and Touched By an Animal.

Birds:

Cornell Birds

Hoping to visit the International Crane Foundation in 2007.

Raptor Center

The universe:

I’ve been a member for years, just wish I could make time to visit The Adler Planetarium more often.

And I wish we could get to visit the Lowell Observatory in 2007.

Helping people:

The Brady Campaign

International Campaign to Ban Landmines

Doctors Without Borders

Greater Chicago Food Depository

Merry Christmas to Manny, Barbara and the people at Koinonia House.

MADD

Old Town School of Folk Music

Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine

Merry Christmas to my sister, and everyone else who walks for Y-Me National Breast Cancer Organization.

No comments: