Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Norah Jones Ticket Available


I was talking to my friend Will Briarwood again today. He said he had to do some backtracking.

“Remember our conversation a while back, about Norah Jones tickets?”

I do. You were angry at ticket scalpers and ebay.

“And I said that reselling tickets should be prohibited or at least restricted.”

And now…

“I’m trying to sell one of my tickets. But I’m not trying to scalp it – I just want to sell it for what I paid for it.”

No one around to go with you?

“No, the wife isn’t a fan, and my brother and sister aren’t either. So I’m going to try and sell it on ebay – but I don’t know how much interest there will be in a single ticket. For a show on a Tuesday evening.”

Couldn’t a ticket scalper buy your ticket and then sell it for a higher price?

“Technically, yes. I’m going to try to put some kind of warning in my auction that the theatre does not allow reselling the ticket for more than the face value. Maybe that will keep the scalpers away.”

Hopefully it won’t keep potential buyers away.

“Hopefully not.”

How’s the cat doing?

“The guy who had surgery is doing ok. One of the other cats got into my wife’s herb garden, and was throwing up this morning.”

Nothing poisonous, I hope.

“Chives – I checked around online, and one list said chives were harmful to cats, and another list said chives were not harmful. He doesn’t act sick, so we’re just going to keep an eye on him for a few days. Then one of the other cats had a bit of a cough, so we have to keep an eye on her.”

I wish I could add our cats to my health insurance.

“No kidding. I have great insurance for myself, and nothing for the cats. Just a long series of charges to my Visa.”

And you? Feeling better?

“Yeah, sort of. I went to the doctor last week, and she said my lungs were clear, so I don’t have pneumonia or bronchitis, just a frakking annoying cough. She told me to take Claritin.”

You and Kelly Willis.

“That’s right. But I doubt that Claritin will do much for my singing voice.”

Well, take it easy.

“I plan to. The wife and her daughter will be out of town for a few days, so I’ll have the place to myself – well, me and four cats.”

You can turn the heat down.

“I plan to. But I’ll have to leave her electric blanket on at night, because the cats like to sleep on it.”

As I said, you guys are the best cat owners.

“Thanks. If I can sell my Norah Jones ticket, then I’ll put the proceeds into the pay-the-next-vet-bill fund.”

No comments: