Friday, March 30, 2007

Bob Frakking Dylan


I was talking to my friend Will Briarwood for a few minutes today – he was busy at work, and didn’t have a lot of time.

WARNING – SPOILERS FOR THE SEASON THREE FINALE OF BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

“We have not discussed the season finale of Battlestar Galactica yet. Pretty strange, huh?”

Strange that we have not discussed it, or a strange episode?

“Ha. Both, I guess. Let’s see, Season One ended with Adama being shot.”

That was right about when I started watching.

Season Two ended with them on New Caprica and the Cylons finding them.”

That was a shocker.

“And now Season Three ends with new Cylons, Bob Dylan, and the return – maybe – of Starbuck.”

Seeing Starbuck again wasn’t a shock. And I kind of suspected that something was up with the chief, when found that temple. The other three Cylons were a bit of a surprise.

“And them hearing Bob Dylan? How do they explain that?”

I read some of the reviews, and interviews. I think someone said that maybe there was a songwriter somewhere out there, who somehow thought of the same lyrics as Dylan…

“That’s a bit of a stretch.”

Stay tuned. I’m sure they’ll explain some things next season.

“Which isn’t for like nine months. 2008.”

I heard they’re planning to do an episode this fall, kind of bridging the gap between season three and season four.

“We’ll talk more later. Gotta run.”

And so Will ran. Before we could discuss whether Starbuck is just in Lee’s head, the way that Six and Baltar are in each other’s heads, and I didn’t get to ask him if he had seen Tricia Helfer in Playboy, and how Tigh could be a Cylon when Adama has known him for many years, and what it means that there is at least one other Cylon/human hybrid baby, and…

No comments: